22-Year-Old Woman Dies After SUV Struck By Semi On US Hwy 6
SPANISH FORK, Utah – A Utah woman has died due to injuries she sustained in a crash involving a semitrailer on U.S. Highway 6, according to officials with the Spanish Fork Police Department.
Lt. Brandon Anderson said victim, who was identified as 22-year-old Joy Johnson of Spanish Fork, died Tuesday.
Johnson was driving an SUV on Powerhouse Road when she attempted to turn left across U.S. 6 near the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon on Monday.
Anderson said the semi was traveling east towards the canyon and struck the SUV. Johnson suffered traumatic head injuries and was flown to Utah Valley Hospital in extremely critical condition, police said.
The driver of the semi was uninjured, according to Anderson.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)