Church Youth Camps Suspended Worldwide; Treks, Pageants Canceled
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – All youth camps for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have been suspended worldwide until further notice due to concerns over the spread of COVID-19.
The announcement was made in a letter to church leaders Thursday, and included the suspension of all public gatherings of church members for the time being.
Youth conferences, pioneer treks and Church pageants have also been canceled for 2020. The first year of the For the Strength of Youth conferences in the United States had already been postponed to 2021.
Local congregations have historically held summer camps for the Young Women and Young Men programs.
“As directed by the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, all public gatherings of Church members are suspended worldwide until further notice,” officials said in a release. “This includes Aaronic Priesthood quorum camp, Young Women camp, and other overnight youth conferences.”
Church officials said the annual Nauvoo Pageant would not be held in 2020, but would resume July 6 to 31 in 2021.
The last year of the Hill Cumorah Pageant was scheduled for 2020. Because of its cancelation, the final year of performances has been scheduled for July 2021.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)