Idaho Judge Denies Request To Lower Lori Vallow’s Bail
REXBURG, Idaho – An Idaho judge has denied a request to lower Lori Vallow’s bail. at a hearing in Madison County on Friday.
Defense attorneys had requested Vallow’s bail be reduced to $100,000 to $250,000. It was previously set at $1 million.
Judge Michelle Mallard said no good cause had been shown for her to reduce Vallow’s bail during the hearing, which lasted over two-and-a-half hours.
Mark Means, who represented Vallow at the hearing, said Vallow’s $1 million bail did not consider the economic impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on her, or her husband Chad Daybell’s book publishing business.
Madison County Deputy Prosecutor Rob Wood responded by saying Vallow was living on the Hawaiian island of Kauai with her husband before her arrest.
Means also alleged phone calls between him and his client were inappropriately recorded and he “can not in good faith get on the phone with my client and have a conversation.”
Mallard she recognizes the court system has been impacted by the pandemic but there was nothing to indicate Vallow was being treated differently from anyone else at the jail.
Everyone at the hearing was wearing a face mask through the first hour. Mallard removed hers after a 10-minute recess, saying she was having a hard time breathing.
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 12861)
- Ian Alexander Jr., only child of Regina King, dies at age 26 (pageviews: 9389)
- Don't approach lab monkey missing after crash, people told (pageviews: 8361)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6500)
- Salt Lake County man arrested for allegedly abusing grandson (pageviews: 5640)
- Sledder injured during safety event at Tibble Fork Reservoir (pageviews: 3980)
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 3929)
- Herriman family saved from house fire by off-duty firefighter, his wife (pageviews: 3174)
- Inmate worker at large after walking out of Utah County Jail (pageviews: 2824)