Idaho Judge Denies Request To Lower Lori Vallow’s Bail
REXBURG, Idaho – An Idaho judge has denied a request to lower Lori Vallow’s bail. at a hearing in Madison County on Friday.
Defense attorneys had requested Vallow’s bail be reduced to $100,000 to $250,000. It was previously set at $1 million.
Judge Michelle Mallard said no good cause had been shown for her to reduce Vallow’s bail during the hearing, which lasted over two-and-a-half hours.
Mark Means, who represented Vallow at the hearing, said Vallow’s $1 million bail did not consider the economic impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on her, or her husband Chad Daybell’s book publishing business.
Madison County Deputy Prosecutor Rob Wood responded by saying Vallow was living on the Hawaiian island of Kauai with her husband before her arrest.
Means also alleged phone calls between him and his client were inappropriately recorded and he “can not in good faith get on the phone with my client and have a conversation.”
Mallard she recognizes the court system has been impacted by the pandemic but there was nothing to indicate Vallow was being treated differently from anyone else at the jail.
Everyone at the hearing was wearing a face mask through the first hour. Mallard removed hers after a 10-minute recess, saying she was having a hard time breathing.
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 9790)
- 'He Was So Caring': Family Remembers Teen Killed In Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 7246)
- Several Park Goers Concerned About Capacity At Lagoon (pageviews: 6967)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 6784)
- Surveillance Photos Show Missing Teen With Man, Woman (pageviews: 6331)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 5538)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 4778)
- Idaho Police Seeking Public's Help In Locating Missing Park City Hiker (pageviews: 2972)
- COVID-19 Impacting Snow Removal In Woodland Hills (pageviews: 2872)