FBI Offers Reward For Arrest Of Man Who Allegedly Shot At Federal Officer
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — The FBI has announced a reward of up to $5,000 for the arrest and conviction of a man wanted in connection with an assault on a federal officer. The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office also said they are offering a $1,000 reward.
Cecil Vijil Jr. reportedly shot “multiple rounds” at an FBI special agent and a San Juan County Sheriff’s Office deputy outside his home on April 30.
The #FBI is offering a reward up to $5k for the arrest, conviction of Cecil Vijil Jr., wanted for assault on a federal officer near, Aneth, UT on the Navajo Nation. He is considered armed and dangerous. Call 911, local law enforcement or the FBI at (801) 579-1400. pic.twitter.com/3TEo8XhFYN
— FBI Salt Lake City (@FBISaltLakeCity) May 2, 2020
The special agent and deputy traveled to his home near Aneth, Utah, on the Navajo Nation “as part of an investigation into another crime,” according to a press release from the FBI Salt Lake City Field Office.
No one was injured in the shooting.
Vijil was charged with assault on a federal officer and discharging a firearm during, and in relation to, a crime of violence.
Officials have issued a warrant for his arrest.
Vijil was considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information on his whereabouts was asked to call 911, their local law enforcement agency or the FBI at (801) 579-1400.
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 33024)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22249)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 17815)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12809)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8138)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 5410)