Taika Waititi To Direct And Co-Write New ‘Star Wars’ Movie
(CNN) — “Star Wars” fans have even more reason to celebrate this May 4, unofficially known as “Star Wars Day.”
Walt Disney Studios announced Monday that Taika Waititi will direct a new “Star Wars” movie. He is also co-writing the screenplay alongside Krysty Wilson-Cairns.
Waititi recently won the Academy Award for best adapted screenplay for “Jojo Rabbit” and directed the first season finale of “The Mandalorian” on Disney+.
A new untitled “Star Wars” series is also in the works for Disney+, with Leslye Headland at the helm as the writer, executive producer and showrunner.
The two projects are part of a growing list of new “Star Wars” content at Disney. “The Mandalorian,” is currently in post-production on Season 2. There are also two other previously ordered “Star Wars” TV series in production, according to Disney.
May the force be with you today, indeed.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)