Taika Waititi To Direct And Co-Write New ‘Star Wars’ Movie
Walt Disney Studios announced Monday that Taika Waititi will direct a new “Star Wars” movie. He is also co-writing the screenplay alongside Krysty Wilson-Cairns.
Waititi recently won the Academy Award for best adapted screenplay for “Jojo Rabbit” and directed the first season finale of “The Mandalorian” on Disney+.
A new untitled “Star Wars” series is also in the works for Disney+, with Leslye Headland at the helm as the writer, executive producer and showrunner.
The two projects are part of a growing list of new “Star Wars” content at Disney. “The Mandalorian,” is currently in post-production on Season 2. There are also two other previously ordered “Star Wars” TV series in production, according to Disney.
May the force be with you today, indeed.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)