CORONAVIRUS: STRONGER TOGETHER
Gift Card Marketplace Allows Residents To Support Local Salt Lake City Businesses
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Visit Salt Lake is launching a new effort to help businesses impacted by the coronavirus.
Gift Card Marketplace is a website where people can go to purchase electronic gift certificates to participating Salt Lake City businesses.
The idea is to generate some much-needed revenue for small shops that have been hit hard by the pandemic.
“Support Salt Lake’s local businesses during this difficult time by purchasing an e-gift card to use at your leisure or, as the name suggests, as a gift to that special family member, friend, your child’s teacher or community hero (first responder, healthcare worker, etc.),” according to the website. “It’s a great way to help the businesses we all love while ‘paying it forward’ to those special people in your life”
One-hundred percent of the proceeds go directly to the local businesses, according to the site.
Individual gift cards purchased through the site must be used in one visit.
Click here for a list of participating locations and to purchase a gift card.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 15140)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 14902)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14198)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 9037)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 8110)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6625)