Utah Housing Market Good For Buyers & Sellers Despite Pandemic
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Like many other industries, the housing market nationwide is facing uncertainty.
Is it a good time to buy or sell?
In Utah, the answer is yes.
“The best time to buy, of course, is now. The best time to sell, of course, is now,” said Dean Crandall, Keller Williams Real Estate broker.
The numbers painted a positive picture in the Beehive State, Crandall said, because Utah is a growing market and there are not enough homes and apartments for all the people who want to live here.
Crandall explained, even considering the effects of COVID-19 on the economy, the laws of supply and demand were in full swing in our state.
“Compare it this way, six people walk into the store and they each want to buy a gallon of milk but there are only three gallons of milk available,” he said. “Certainly, the store is in an advantageous negotiating position. They don’t have to lower the price of their milk.”
According to UtahRealEstate.com, the number of showings started to slide about two months ago. Then the nosedive eased during the first week of April.
Due to a surge in Utah County, there were about 200 more properties under contract this year than last year, according to the website.
Overall, the situation looks good in the short term.
It’s a buyer’s market because interest rates are incredibly low and homes were only getting more expensive in many Utah neighborhoods.
It’s a seller’s market because the supply was so low. The average time a home is on the market was just 10 days.
- Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito (pageviews: 27603)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10554)
- FBI execute search warrant at Laundrie residence relevant to Gabby Petito investigation (pageviews: 10108)
- Possible evidence found in search for Gabby Petito (pageviews: 10037)
- Human remains discovered ‘consistent’ with description of Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9496)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9412)
- Florida search for Gabby Petito's boyfriend suspended (pageviews: 9350)
- Police: Search for Laundrie concludes for the second day in wildlife reserve (pageviews: 9124)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8624)