Officer-Involved Shooting Reported After Orem Hit & Run
OREM, Utah – Police confirmed an officer-involved shooting in Orem near 800 North and 800 West following a hit-and-run crash.
Lt. Nick Thomas with the Orem Police Department said the incident started around 6:30 p.m. Friday and resulted in a chase that ended at 1600 North near 950 West.
No officers were injured and Thomas said the suspect was taken into custody.
Police said the hit-and-run crash happened around 6:30 p.m. near Center Street and 800 North. As officers arrived, the suspect fled the scene along 800 North.
Officer involved shooting in Orem. Orem police officer shot at a hit-and-run suspect as they were fleeing the scene of a crash. The suspect later crashed and was taken into custody. The officer, the original victim who was hit, and the suspect are all okay. @KSL5TV at 10. #ksltv pic.twitter.com/htJUj6chF0
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) May 9, 2020
Officials with the Orem Police Department said they pursued the suspect and an officer fired at least one shot at the suspect at the intersection of 800 North and 800 West.
Police did not confirm if the suspect was struck by the bullet, but they did say the victim in the hit-and-run did not suffer major injuries.
Crews closed lanes in both directions on 800 North while police investigated; those lanes were reopened Friday night.
Officer involved shooting after a hit and run crash.
Posted by KSL 5 TV on Friday, May 8, 2020
- No home for tiny homes: Living small hits roadblocks in Utah communities – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 19691)
- Wyoming Coroner in Gabby Petito case determining cause of death (pageviews: 5440)
- Body camera footage not available in Farmington hostage incident (pageviews: 4734)
- Jailed for Love: Why a Utah woman who says romance scammer turned her into an unwitting money mule faces prison time. (pageviews: 4180)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University (pageviews: 3776)
- No home for tiny homes: Living small hits roadblocks in Utah communities (pageviews: 3534)
- Autopsy: Actor Michael K. Williams died of drug intoxication (pageviews: 3514)
- Frustrated by city inaction, residents contact KSL Investigators over Salt Lake’s RV Row (pageviews: 2894)
- Gabby Petito’s case highlights racial disparities in response to missing persons cases (pageviews: 1915)