Neighbors Honor Two Girls Killed In Slot Canyon Flash Flood
WEST JORDAN, Utah – Community members said they were shocked and devastated after hearing two young sisters were killed in a flash flood in Little Wild Horse Canyon.
Dozens of friends and neighbors spent Tuesday afternoon tying pink and teal ribbons throughout the neighborhood. They also planted flowers in the yard, put up signs and wrote cards for the family.
Everyone who spoke to KSL said everyone in the area loved the sisters, ages 7 and 3, who died in Monday’s flash flood.
“They are the sweetest kids. They just win your heart over. My heart melts every time I see them. It’s so hard to see them gone,” said Jennifer Vanleuven, a friend and neighbor of the family. “We know it’s not going to fix anything, but just so that they can feel our love for them.”
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)