Non-Profit Calls For Kaysville Mayor’s Resignation After Concert Announcement
KAYSVILLE, Utah – Critics are calling for Mayor Katie Witt’s resignation after they say she approved a controversial concert as a publicity stunt.
The concert is sponsored by Utah Business Revival – a group that has opposed COVID-19 restrictions.
Witt is currently running for Congress, and the nonprofit Alliance for a Better Utah questioned whether the concert was a political move.
Kaysville residents also took issue with the concert after the city canceled Independence Day events over coronavirus concerns.
Witt said the virus numbers in Davis County look good, and she’s protecting the citizens’ freedoms.
“If we are going to say, ‘But only when government says it’s OK,’ the we really don’t have our freedom,” she said.
Members of the Kaysville City Council said they plan to vote down a noise ordinance needed to hold the event.
- Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito (pageviews: 27603)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10554)
- FBI execute search warrant at Laundrie residence relevant to Gabby Petito investigation (pageviews: 10108)
- Possible evidence found in search for Gabby Petito (pageviews: 10037)
- Human remains discovered ‘consistent’ with description of Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9496)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9412)
- Florida search for Gabby Petito's boyfriend suspended (pageviews: 9350)
- Police: Search for Laundrie concludes for the second day in wildlife reserve (pageviews: 9124)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8624)