Man Hospitalized After Getting Hit By Car While Changing Tire
CENTERVILLE, Utah – Utah Highway Patrol troopers are issuing a warning after a man was taken to the hospital after being hit while changing a tire.
Officials said three people were outside the vehicle in the southbound lanes of I-15 in Centerville late Thursday night. The car was on the inside shoulder when the collision happened.
Troopers said an adult male was hit and transported in serious condition.
The incident is a good reminder for drivers to look as far down the roadway as they can, and always pay attention, authorities said.
“We’re going in to the holiday weekend, Memorial Day Weekend, (when there’s) a lot of travel,” said UHP LT. Mike McKay. “We ask that people slow down, pay attention.”
The crash is still under investigation.
Utah’s 100 Deadliest Days begins Monday as more people take to the roads for summer trips and activities. UHP and the Utah Department of Transportation are challenging Utahns to simply “drive better.”
“It’s a good reminder for people that we all need to do better as individuals and make smart decisions behind the wheel to make sure we get home safely to our families,” said UDOT spokesman John Gleason.
The period between Memorial Day and Labor Day is considered the deadliest on Utah roads.
Last year, the state saw a 40% reduction in deadly crashes during that period. However, what has officials worried is that there’s been an increase in traffic fatalities this year.
- Ogden Officer Killed After Responding To Domestic Violence Call; Another Injured (pageviews: 16156)
- Gephardt: How Solar Panels Affect Loans, Refinancing & Selling Your Home (pageviews: 9950)
- Ogden Police: 1 Officer Killed, Another Injured In Shooting (pageviews: 6417)
- Deserae Turner Graduates 3 Years After Being Shot In The Head (pageviews: 4567)
- Owner Of Thousands Of Chickens Pushes Back Against Animal Cruelty Allegations (pageviews: 4422)
- Ogden Police: Officer Involved Shooting In Area Of Jackson And Herrop (pageviews: 3823)
- Airbnb Rental Leads To Accidental Quarantine Family (pageviews: 3342)
- Neighbors: Ogden Shooting Suspect Had Aggressive History (pageviews: 3340)
- State Reports 343 New Cases Of COVID-19; Largest Single-Day Increase So Far (pageviews: 3266)