Three People Seriously Injured After Falling At Stewart Falls
PROVO, Utah — Three people were seriously injured after falling while hiking at Stewart Falls near Sundance.
The incident happened Memorial Day afternoon.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said a 43-year-old woman and a 9-year-old boy from Hawaii — who were not related — as well as a 19-year-old woman all fell.
Age 43 woman, age 9 boy from Hawaii (Unrelated) & age 19 woman/student, injured. 43-ground level fall/broken leg. 19 & 9 fell 40’~ from Stewart Falls above Sundance. They are serious/critical condition. LifeFlight took boy. @UCSO @UCSO_SAR @NorthForkFireUT @provofire pic.twitter.com/Ifag1t70D6
— Spencer Cannon (@SGTCannonPIO) May 25, 2020
All three incidents occurred separately and in the same location within 30 minutes of each other, Cannon said.
The 43-year-old woman fell to ground level and suffered a broken leg.
She was carried out to an ambulance.
Cannon said the 9-year-old boy and 19-year-old woman fell approximately 40 feet.
They were reported to be in serious to critical condition.
The boy was intubated with a breathing apparatus and transported to a local hospital via a LifeFlight helicopter.
The 19-year-old was apparently unconscious for several minutes, which Cannon said could indicate a head injury. She also suffered injuries to her side, hip, and arm.
Officials said they weren’t sure what exactly caused the falls.
Several crews — including the Utah County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue team, North Fork Fire, and Provo Fire — assisted in the rescues.
- Protest In Provo Met With Armed Group 2 Days After Shooting (pageviews: 32447)
- 419th Fighter Wing To Fly F-35s Over Utah On July 4 (pageviews: 15955)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 11717)
- Police Say Man Shot While Driving Through Group Of Protesters In Provo (pageviews: 7498)
- Missing 9-Year-Old Hiker Found Safe In Summit County (pageviews: 6231)
- Two Accused Of Burning US Flags In Ogden Neighborhood (pageviews: 6026)
- Utah County Names Two COVID-19 Hot Spots After KSL-TV Lawsuit (pageviews: 5354)
- Authorities Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old In Summit County (pageviews: 4976)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting (pageviews: 4963)