Woman Talks About Close Encounter With Tinder Murder Suspect
LAYTON, Utah – A woman who worked with Ethan Hunsaker, the man who admitted to killing 25-year-old Ashlyn Black after they met on Tinder, said he bombarded her with texts and tried to meet up with her multiple times in the weeks leading up to Black’s murder.
The last message Autumn Daily received from Hunsaker came just days before Layton Police said he murdered a woman he met on Tinder.
“I did get a weird vibe, and I think that’s what stopped me from ever going out with him,” Daily said. “This last month, it has been like every other day of him asking me to make plans or do something.”
“I did get a weird vibe and I think that’s what stopped me from ever going out with him.”
— Ashley Moser (@AshleyMoser) May 26, 2020
The two worked together at Lagoon in 2009.
Daily said they were friendly and would hang out on lunch breaks, but had never dated. It wasn’t until last year that he reached out to her over Instagram and began asking her out on dates.
“For a while, it was every day. It was overbearing,” she said. “He just can’t take no for an answer.”
Daily often did not respond to his messages, and when she did, she politely declined the invitations.
One message showed him inviting her to watch a movie at his house.
“He had mentioned that he doesn’t have anyone to talk to and he felt like he didn’t have any friends, and that was kind of why he was reaching out to me so often,” Daily said.
When she heard the news of what happened on Sunday, she was shocked.
“I have known him for 11 years and that could have been me,” she said.
Daily said she was glad she followed her gut, but is heartbroken for the family who lost their daughter to this senseless crime.
“I feel lucky and blessed like someone was looking out for me, but I also feel for her family and for her because I can’t even imagine what she went through during those moments, and what her family is going through,” Daily said.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)