Tooele County Issues Public Health Order Closing Amphitheater Ahead Of Concert
TOOELE, Utah – Officials with the Tooele County Health Department have issued a public health order closing The Amphitheater at Studio Ranch ahead of a proposed concert at the venue.
The Tooele County Health Officer, Tooele County Board of Health and the Tooele County Commission issued the order to Jason Manning, owner of the venue, on Wednesday.
The Collin Raye concert was scheduled for this Saturday. Officials with the Utah Business Revival originally planned to hold the event in Kaysville, before announcing it would be moved to at The Amphitheater at Studio Ranch, near Grantsville.
County officials said they had not received a permit application and the concert had not been approved as of Thursday.
The founder of Utah Business Revival, Eric Moutsos, organized the concert and said Saturday’s show would go on in Tooele County, with or without permission.
Health officials said the event falls under the definition of a temporary mass gathering, which poses “an imminent health hazard at this stage of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Officials said these events shouldn’t be held under Gov. Gary Herbert’s May 15 executive order that placed Tooele County in the low-risk or yellow phase.
A press release from the Tooele County Health Department said “failure to comply with this order may result in criminal charges being filed pursuant UCA26A-1-123. Tooele County Health Department’s goal is to continue protecting the health and well-being of the community.”
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon (pageviews: 27773)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 15426)
- Nurses, Doctor Help 'Lucky' Mom Who Gave Birth On Flight (pageviews: 5406)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5376)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters (pageviews: 4677)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 3952)
- Teenage Driver Killed In Crash On SR-92 (pageviews: 3595)
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3404)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3167)