Grand County, Magna & West Valley Moved To Yellow Phase
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Gov. Gary Herbert has issued an executive order moving Grand County, Magna and West Valley City to the yellow or low-risk phase.
The governor issued the order Friday afternoon.
Salt Lake City, Bluff and Mexican Hat will remain in the orange or moderate-risk phase for the time being.
“After consulting with the county health department we’ve requested to keep Salt Lake City in the orange phase because our data is not showing a significant enough change since May 1 to warrant a shift to yellow,” said Salt Lake City Mayor Erin Mendenhall in a statement Thursday.
Herbert also said parts of the state could move to the green or “new normal” phase in the near future.
“Our ability to open this up and get back to a kind-of new normal is really based on individual compliance and what we’re willing to do and do our part to make sure we stay safe and keep those around us safe,” Herbert said.
- Police Say Man Shot While Driving Through Group Of Protesters In Provo (pageviews: 59190)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting (pageviews: 18191)
- Man Accused Of Shooting Driver During Provo Protests Arrested (pageviews: 11855)
- Police Investigating Reports Of Shots Fired At Protest In Provo (pageviews: 8513)
- Driver Stuck In Middle Of SLC Protest Says She Feared For Her Life (pageviews: 7265)
- Pediatrics Group Says Benefits Of In-Person School Outweigh Virus Risks (pageviews: 4891)
- Woman Gored By Bison In Yellowstone National Park (pageviews: 4663)
- Life Flight Paramedic Injured In Plane Crash Dies (pageviews: 4594)
- Knolls Fire At 10,000 Acres, 25% Contained; Other Fires Burning Across Utah (pageviews: 4057)