Utah Health Officials Report 5 More COVID-19 Deaths, 269 New Cases
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Utah health officials have reported 5 more deaths related to COVID-19 in the state of Utah, as well as 269 new cases.
According to numbers released Saturday afternoon, a total of 9,533 people have tested positive for the virus, while 112 people have died from it.
Case counts were up 269 from Friday, a daily rate of increase of 2.9%.
Data shows a total of 210,105 people have been tested, making the positive rate of infection 4.5%.
At least 763 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19. Officials said there are 99 people with positive cases that are currently being hospitalized.
5,995 of the cases across the state are considered “recovered.”
Among the five new deaths was a previously-reported death that had been under investigation by the Office of the Medical Examiner. The individual’s death was later confirmed to be from COVID-19. That individual’s age and health condition was not released.
The four additional deaths were reported among three individuals who were older than 60 years of age, and one who was younger than 60. All had underlying medical conditions.
A Salt Lake County woman, who was between the ages of 60-85 and was a resident of a long-term care facility, passed away after contracting the virus.
Another woman who was a resident at a long-term care facility died. She was a woman older than 85 years of age from Weber County.
A Salt Lake County man, who was older than 85, also died from COVID-19.
The virus also claimed the life of a Salt Lake County male, who was younger than 60.
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 9027)
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 7956)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 6649)
- Joe Montana, Wife Block Attempted Kidnapping Of Grandchild (pageviews: 4379)
- 2 Die In Single-Vehicle Crash In Tooele County (pageviews: 3507)
- Police Seek Public's Help Locating Missing Endangered Boy Out Of Millcreek (pageviews: 3031)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2690)
- Utah Reports 1,068 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 New Deaths (pageviews: 1257)
- Structures Threatened By Fire Located South Of Veyo (pageviews: 1062)