Man Detained After Brandishing Bow & Arrow; Car Lit On Fire By Protesters
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A man was detained during protests in downtown Salt Lake City after witnesses said he got out of his vehicle with a knife and bow and arrow.
The incident happened near 400 South and 200 East just after 6 p.m. Saturday. Thousands of people were protesting the death of George Floyd in Minnesota.
A protester told KSL the man tried to shoot the arrow. The crowd attacked the man as police moved in to detain him.
While we do not have the individual who was brandishing a bow and arrow in custody, we do know who he is. We intend to screen charges against him. pic.twitter.com/0XrQcodV3q
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) May 31, 2020
Police pulled the man from the crowd. Video from the scene showed his face bloodied.
The crowd then overturned his vehicle on live television, smashed the windows and set it on fire.
- BYU 'Y' Lit In Rainbow Colors As Message Of Hope Without School Approval (pageviews: 5256)
- Salt Lake, Davis Counties Move To Moderate Transmission; Some Restrictions Lifted (pageviews: 4612)
- Gov. Cox: Beginning March 8, Utahns Age 50+ Can Schedule Vaccinations (pageviews: 4216)
- DNA Test Surprise: Woman's Dad Was A Mass Murderer (pageviews: 4022)
- Coin With DNA Found At Site Where Elizabeth Salgado's Remains Were Found (pageviews: 3885)
- SUV In Crash Where 13 Died Came Through Hole In Border Fence (pageviews: 3509)
- Latter-day Saint Missionary Dies Serving In Home Country Of El Salvador (pageviews: 2173)
- DA Determines Officer's Use Of Deadly Force In SLC Incident Not Justified (pageviews: 2127)
- Utahns Age 50+ Eligible For Shots While 'Vaccine Chasers' Continue To Wait (pageviews: 2041)