Man Detained After Brandishing Bow & Arrow; Car Lit On Fire By Protesters
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A man was detained during protests in downtown Salt Lake City after witnesses said he got out of his vehicle with a knife and bow and arrow.
The incident happened near 400 South and 200 East just after 6 p.m. Saturday. Thousands of people were protesting the death of George Floyd in Minnesota.
A protester told KSL the man tried to shoot the arrow. The crowd attacked the man as police moved in to detain him.
While we do not have the individual who was brandishing a bow and arrow in custody, we do know who he is. We intend to screen charges against him. pic.twitter.com/0XrQcodV3q
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) May 31, 2020
Police pulled the man from the crowd. Video from the scene showed his face bloodied.
The crowd then overturned his vehicle on live television, smashed the windows and set it on fire.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)