Wildfires Burning On Stansbury Island & Near Ogden Canyon
OGDEN, Utah – Officials with Weber County Dispatch have confirmed a fire is burning near the area of 1300 Maxfield Drive.
Earlier Saturday, Utah Bureau of Land Management officials confirmed the Tabby Canyon Fire has burned 1,500 acres on Stansbury Island south of the Great Salt Lake.
Over 100 fire personnel, including five engines, four hand crews and a helicopter, were responding to that fire.
It was 0% contained Saturday night and was human-caused, according to Tooele County officials. No structures were being threatened by the fire.
Tabby Canyon Fire on Stansbury Island in Tooele County. 1500 acres and growing. 3 crews and 4 engines on scene, more resources arriving tomorrow. Another human caused fire for the stats. @UtahWildfire pic.twitter.com/7P1isJPbqx
— Tooele Fire Warden (@dbwalto) May 31, 2020
In northern Utah, officials confirmed the fire near 1300 Maxfield Drive Saturday night. Witnesses told KSL the blaze was a large grass fire in Ogden Canyon.
An estimated size was not immediately available, and a cause for the fire was unknown.
- 4 Missionaries Stranded On Remote Pacific Island (pageviews: 11050)
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9619)
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19; 500 Students Quarantined (pageviews: 8891)
- Utah Breaks Single-Day Record With 1,117 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 7275)
- Police: Suspect Killed After Shooting At Officers During Pursuit (pageviews: 3169)
- Utah Breaks Previous Record With 911 New COVID-19 Cases In One Day (pageviews: 2342)
- Friends Remember Woman Found Dead In Layton (pageviews: 2241)
- Family Of Ogden Hiker Missing Since Sept. 8 Asking For Public's Help (pageviews: 2005)
- Meet Our Team (pageviews: 1819)