Protester Who Flipped, Vandalized Salt Lake Police Car Turns Himself In
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – One of the protestors who helped flip over a Salt Lake police car has turned himself in to police.
21-year old Connor Peebles was one of several others who was seen pushing the unoccupied police cruiser onto its side during Saturday’s protest in downtown Salt Lake.
Police later released surveillance photos asking for help identifying the four men involved.
We would also like to identify the individual in this picture for the same incident pic.twitter.com/BIt87fOHTE
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) June 1, 2020
Peebles reportedly walked up to an officer Sunday and said he wanted to turn himself in.
Investigators said he admitted to helping flip the car, breaking out two of its windows, and throwing water bottles at officers.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)