SLC Protests Remain Peaceful; One Arrested At State Capitol
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Protesters gathered in downtown Salt Lake City and at the Utah State Capitol for another round of protests over the death of George Floyd.
Eight days after Floyd’s death in Minneapolis, protests continued across the nation. Two separate events — one at the capitol and another at Washington Square — remained peaceful even after the city’s 8 p.m. curfew began.
LIVE: For the second straight night, a group of demonstrators has gathered downtown.(WARNING: Live video feed. Be aware there could be profanity.)
Posted by KSL 5 TV on Tuesday, June 2, 2020
One person was arrested by Utah Highway Patrol troopers after nearly three hours of protesting at the capitol.
Things were calm Tuesday night as troopers and national guardsmen continued to keep watch over the capitol building, which was closed for the week.
The person who was arrested did not resist and the group, which started with around 50 people, dwindled after officials warned the city’s curfew had gone into effect.
Peaceful protests also happened in Orem and Logan on Tuesday.
- Eagle Mountain Man Facing Charge For Grocery Store Incident Involving Teen Girls (pageviews: 4882)
- Utah Man Recovering After Being Attacked Near Downtown SLC (pageviews: 2698)
- Prince Philip, Husband Of Queen Elizabeth II, Dies Aged 99 (pageviews: 2617)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2556)
- State Officials Issue New Public Health Order (pageviews: 1838)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 1705)
- Biden Tightens Some Gun Controls, Says Much More Needed (pageviews: 1471)
- Biden Making New Moves On Guns, Including Naming ATF Boss (pageviews: 1464)
- Mayor Erin Mendenhall Updates SLC Mask Order (pageviews: 1203)