Man Hospitalized, Suspect In Custody After Vernal Shooting
VERNAL, Utah – An adult male was hospitalized after being shot multiple times and one person is in custody, according to officials with the Vernal City Police Department.
Police said they were called out to the area of 250 West and 400 North in downtown Vernal Wednesday for an unknown incident.
Officers at the scene found the victim, who had been shot multiple times. He was taken to an area hospital and an update on his condition was not immediately available.
Investigators were able to determine a suspect and police said they initiated a traffic stop near 700 West and 450 South about 30 minutes later.
The suspect fled the vehicle and entered a nearby home, beginning a nearly two-hour standoff with police.
Officials said the suspect exited the home but was uncooperative with commands, and re-entered the home.
Police said a K-9 unit was deployed and the suspect was taken into custody. He was then transported to a hospital to be treated for bite-related injuries.
500 South was closed during the incident but it has since reopened. Police said there was no ongoing threat to the community.
The incident is under investigation and police said identifying information will be released at a later date.
- Protest In Provo Met With Armed Group 2 Days After Shooting (pageviews: 32447)
- 419th Fighter Wing To Fly F-35s Over Utah On July 4 (pageviews: 15955)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 11717)
- Police Say Man Shot While Driving Through Group Of Protesters In Provo (pageviews: 7498)
- Missing 9-Year-Old Hiker Found Safe In Summit County (pageviews: 6231)
- Two Accused Of Burning US Flags In Ogden Neighborhood (pageviews: 6026)
- Utah County Names Two COVID-19 Hot Spots After KSL-TV Lawsuit (pageviews: 5354)
- Authorities Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old In Summit County (pageviews: 4976)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting (pageviews: 4963)