Utah Senate President Adams Tests Positive For COVID-19 Antibodies
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah State Senate President Stuart Adams, R-Layton, announced Thursday that he has tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies.
Adams, who is also a member of the Public Health and Economic Emergency Commission, said he received the results of the test on June 1.
“I’m unaware of having COVID-19, as symptoms were not recognizable,” he wrote in a statement. “As a result, I did not receive a COVID-19 test. I experienced some tiredness post-(legislative) session, which I assume was what I refer to as session lag. I’m grateful I’ve been diligent at social distancing and wearing a face mask because I do not know if or when I had COVID-19.”
Adams noted the antibody tests are not 100% accurate, but he wrote that he is “cautiously optimistic I have COVID-19 antibodies,” and he is in the process of determining if he is eligible to donate plasma in an effort to help others fighting the virus.
On May 29, Adams, along with other members of the Public Health and Economic Emergency Commission, voted to move Utah from the orange, low-risk phase of the reopening plan to a “smart green” phase. It would allow businesses to reopen while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
However, state epidemiologist Dr. Angela Dunn said she is not recommending the state move to “smart green” in light of the recent spike in COVID-19 cases.
“Both of those recommendations go to the governor’s office,” Dunn said at a Thursday press conference. “He will determine what policy he wants to set forth.”
- Broadway Actor Nick Cordero Dies At 41 After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9890)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8901)
- Family Speaks Out After Daughter Was Allegedly Shot, Killed By Estranged Husband (pageviews: 7509)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 5095)
- U Of U Researchers Discover Impacts Of COVID-19 On Blood (pageviews: 4517)
- Multiple New Fires Start Amid Fourth Of July Celebrations (pageviews: 4215)
- Black Lives Matter Billboard Vandalized In Draper (pageviews: 3513)
- State Reports 6 New Deaths, 517 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 3283)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 3134)