Utah Senate President Adams Tests Positive For COVID-19 Antibodies
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah State Senate President Stuart Adams, R-Layton, announced Thursday that he has tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies.
Adams, who is also a member of the Public Health and Economic Emergency Commission, said he received the results of the test on June 1.
“I’m unaware of having COVID-19, as symptoms were not recognizable,” he wrote in a statement. “As a result, I did not receive a COVID-19 test. I experienced some tiredness post-(legislative) session, which I assume was what I refer to as session lag. I’m grateful I’ve been diligent at social distancing and wearing a face mask because I do not know if or when I had COVID-19.”
Adams noted the antibody tests are not 100% accurate, but he wrote that he is “cautiously optimistic I have COVID-19 antibodies,” and he is in the process of determining if he is eligible to donate plasma in an effort to help others fighting the virus.
On May 29, Adams, along with other members of the Public Health and Economic Emergency Commission, voted to move Utah from the orange, low-risk phase of the reopening plan to a “smart green” phase. It would allow businesses to reopen while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
However, state epidemiologist Dr. Angela Dunn said she is not recommending the state move to “smart green” in light of the recent spike in COVID-19 cases.
“Both of those recommendations go to the governor’s office,” Dunn said at a Thursday press conference. “He will determine what policy he wants to set forth.”
- Man Hides 10 Treasure Chests In Utah Outdoors – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10223)
- Man Hides 10 Treasure Chests In Utah Outdoors (pageviews: 8913)
- Body Found In American Fork Canyon; Deputies Believe It May Be That Of Missing Utah Co. Man (pageviews: 4176)
- Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney Over ‘Black Widow’ Release (pageviews: 3530)
- Holladay Family Receives Letter, Harassing Them For Supporting BLM (pageviews: 1829)
- CDC Team: 'War Has Changed' As Delta Variant Dangers Emerge (pageviews: 1517)
- Morgan Community Supports Grieving Family After Sudden Loss of Teen Son (pageviews: 1454)
- UHP Trooper Gives First-Hand Account Of Deadly Dust Storm In Kanosh (pageviews: 1454)
- Morgan Community Supports Grieving Family After Sudden Loss of Teen Son – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1361)