Charges Filed Against ‘Bow & Arrow Man’ From Downtown Protest
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill has filed charges against a man accused of threatening protesters with a bow and arrow on Saturday.
Brandon McCormick was charged Thursday with two counts of possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person, one count of aggravated assault and one count of threatening or using a dangerous weapon in a fight or quarrel.
The final charge is a misdemeanor while the others are third-degree felony charges.
McCormick was detained during protests in downtown Salt Lake City after witnesses said he got out of his vehicle with a knife and a bow and arrow.
UPDATE: The man accused of threatening protesters with a bow and arrow during Saturday's protests in downtown SLC has…
According to a probable cause statement, McCormick exited his vehicle and yelled “**** you, all lives matter” before pulling the knife out of the car.
Police said additional video showed McCormick returning to his car after brandishing the knife at several individuals and obtaining a bow and arrow from the back seat.
“He is observed loading the arrow into the bow and drawing the arrow back,” officials said. “He then points the bow with the arrow loaded and drawn back at several people in the crowd in a manner as if to shoot them.”
The crowd attacked the man as police moved in to detain him before overturning his vehicle, smashing its windows and setting it on fire.
Police said McCormick is a restricted person due to previous felony convictions of battery on a peace officer or fireman and possessing, manufacturing or selling dangerous weapons in San Bernardino, California.
“These are allegations,” officials with the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office said in a statement. “Mr. McCormick is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office continues to gather evidence regarding this incident. If there is anyone who has any additional information, they are encouraged to contact our office. 385.468.7700 or email DistrictAtty@slco.org.”
- Man Hides 10 Treasure Chests In Utah Outdoors – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10223)
- Man Hides 10 Treasure Chests In Utah Outdoors (pageviews: 8913)
- Body Found In American Fork Canyon; Deputies Believe It May Be That Of Missing Utah Co. Man (pageviews: 4176)
- Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney Over ‘Black Widow’ Release (pageviews: 3530)
- Holladay Family Receives Letter, Harassing Them For Supporting BLM (pageviews: 1829)
- CDC Team: 'War Has Changed' As Delta Variant Dangers Emerge (pageviews: 1517)
- Morgan Community Supports Grieving Family After Sudden Loss of Teen Son (pageviews: 1454)
- UHP Trooper Gives First-Hand Account Of Deadly Dust Storm In Kanosh (pageviews: 1454)
- Morgan Community Supports Grieving Family After Sudden Loss of Teen Son – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1361)