Charges Filed Against ‘Bow & Arrow Man’ From Downtown Protest
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill has filed charges against a man accused of threatening protesters with a bow and arrow on Saturday.
Brandon McCormick was charged Thursday with two counts of possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person, one count of aggravated assault and one count of threatening or using a dangerous weapon in a fight or quarrel.
The final charge is a misdemeanor while the others are third-degree felony charges.
McCormick was detained during protests in downtown Salt Lake City after witnesses said he got out of his vehicle with a knife and a bow and arrow.
UPDATE: The man accused of threatening protesters with a bow and arrow during Saturday's protests in downtown SLC has…
According to a probable cause statement, McCormick exited his vehicle and yelled “**** you, all lives matter” before pulling the knife out of the car.
Police said additional video showed McCormick returning to his car after brandishing the knife at several individuals and obtaining a bow and arrow from the back seat.
“He is observed loading the arrow into the bow and drawing the arrow back,” officials said. “He then points the bow with the arrow loaded and drawn back at several people in the crowd in a manner as if to shoot them.”
The crowd attacked the man as police moved in to detain him before overturning his vehicle, smashing its windows and setting it on fire.
Police said McCormick is a restricted person due to previous felony convictions of battery on a peace officer or fireman and possessing, manufacturing or selling dangerous weapons in San Bernardino, California.
“These are allegations,” officials with the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office said in a statement. “Mr. McCormick is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office continues to gather evidence regarding this incident. If there is anyone who has any additional information, they are encouraged to contact our office. 385.468.7700 or email DistrictAtty@slco.org.”
- Protest In Provo Met With Armed Group 2 Days After Shooting (pageviews: 32447)
- 419th Fighter Wing To Fly F-35s Over Utah On July 4 (pageviews: 15955)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 11717)
- Police Say Man Shot While Driving Through Group Of Protesters In Provo (pageviews: 7498)
- Missing 9-Year-Old Hiker Found Safe In Summit County (pageviews: 6231)
- Two Accused Of Burning US Flags In Ogden Neighborhood (pageviews: 6026)
- Utah County Names Two COVID-19 Hot Spots After KSL-TV Lawsuit (pageviews: 5354)
- Authorities Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old In Summit County (pageviews: 4976)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Provo Protest Shooting (pageviews: 4963)