Man Knocked Unconscious After Near Miss Lightning Strike
Sgt. Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said a man and woman were walking on a trail near Orrin Circle in Eagle Mountain around 10:00 a.m. Sunday.
Witnesses said they saw a bolt of lightning strike right behind where the man was.
The man was knocked unconscious. Officials said he seemed to have “pretty significant” problems moving when he finally regained consciousness.
“To say he’s lucky to be alive is probably an understatement,” said Cannon.
— Spencer Cannon (@SGTCannonPIO) June 7, 2020
Cannon said the woman was also impacted, but not nearly as badly as her husband.
The status of her injuries was not made known.
The Unified Fire Department responded to the scene.
A LifeFlight helicopter from Intermountain Healthcare was called in to fly the man to the hospital.
The man and woman’s identities have not been released.
Officials said the man is expected to survive.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)