Neighbors Celebrate Lives Of Slain South Jordan Boys With Parade
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – It was an emotional, yet uplifting day of healing for a South Jordan community dealing with the tragic death of two young brothers.
Seth and Ezra Osborn, just 8 and 10 years old, were shot and killed last week by their father in a murder-suicide.
On Wednesday, family and friends organized a day of celebration to honor the boys and to help the community heal.
The all-day memorial event was a bike and walk memorial that started in the heart of Daybreak and made its way to Orchard Park, about a mile away.
“We are just calling it a celebration of life. It’s a healing event,” said Amanda Brown, a close family friend who organized the event. “The boys were magical. To have it be a joyous event to celebrate who they were the amazing people that they were.”
Even for those who didn’t know the boys, having a community gathering like this is what they said was needed at such a difficult time.
“It’s really beautiful to see everyone here,” said Katie Livingston. “At a time like this I just feel we need to support each other, and it’s the most tragic and heartbreaking thing that a mother can experience. So if we can show any kind of support to her, then that’s what we want to do.”
Friends have also set up a GoFundMe account for the family.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)