Volunteers Gathering Food, Supplies To Help Hard-Hit Navajo Nation
MILLCREEK, Utah – The Navajo Nation in the four corners area has been one of the hardest-hit communities by the COVID-19 pandemic and people along the Wasatch Front have jumped in to help.
Collyn Mosquito, who is part Navajo, is collecting supplies with Millcreek City and the Utah Tribal COVID-19 Relief Fund to send to the Navajo Nation.
“I just want to do what I can to help my people,” Mosquito said.
Their goal is to fill a semi-truck of donated toiletries, diapers, cleaning supplies and non-perishables to send next week.
Organizers said the community has really stepped up so far.
“It has been more than I ever imagined,” Mosquito said. “It’s amazing how many people have responded, even outside of Millcreek.”
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints building — 4366 South 1500 East
Lis Abalos Lot — 2533 East 3900 South
Drop-Off Dates & Times
June 10: 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
June 13: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
*Door pickup service available June 8-13, for those unable to make it to a drop-off location. If this is what you desire, sign up here.
Non-Perishable Food Wanted
- Peanut Butter
- Canned meat: Spam, corned beef, Vienna sausage
- Bags of rice and beans.
- Fruits and veggies (Canned or not)
- Juices, Gatorade and coffee
- Disposable masks and cloth/fabric masks
- Cleaning supplies, including disinfectant wipes and spray
- Liquid hand soap and hand sanitizer
- Bottled water
- Baby necessities, including formula, diapers, and wipes
- Children’s items (educational materials and learning games)
- Paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, and tissue)
To make a monetary donation go here.
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 6306)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 5570)
- One Arrest Made In Austin, Texas, Mass Shooting That Injured 14 People (pageviews: 5069)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 4786)
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 4155)
- Utah Woman Dies After Rollover Crash In Idaho (pageviews: 3149)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 2991)
- Officials Urge Utahns To Follow Extreme Drought Watering Guide (pageviews: 2617)
- Water Wasting Reports Flood Utah's 'Hall Of Fame Or Shame' Website (pageviews: 2390)