Bonfires May Have Led Police To Search Chad Daybell’s Yard, Neighbors Say
SALEM, Idaho – Several of Chad Daybell’s neighbors have shared their observations of strange activity in his backyard after his two stepchildren went missing in September 2019.
Authorities arrested Daybell June 9 after serving a search warrant at his Idaho home. After the arrest, Idaho police announced there were human remains discovered on the property. At a bail hearing the next day, prosecutor Ron Wood confirmed that the remains belonged to two children.
Later Wednesday, family members of Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow confirmed the remains belonged to the missing children.
"We are here to mend fences," Larry Woodcock. Larry and Kay #JJVallow's grandparents visited #ChadDaybell's home last night. It was a very tender moment to hear Larry's words of healing and love for all those affected by this tragedy. #justiceforTyleeandJJ #TyleeRyan @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/WYkzfS0iXR
— Garna Mejia KSL (@GarnaMejiaKSL) June 11, 2020
Neighbors said Daybell had multiple bonfires in his yard between the time the kids went missing and when he was arrested.
“They had a big bonfire in the fall, not long after (Chad Daybell’s former wife) Tammy had died,” said neighbor Matt Price, who described Daybell as lacking in emotion and “very odd” after Tammy Daybell died apparently in her sleep.
Price was not the only neighbor to notice the flames, and he said investigators were searching the areas in Daybell’s yard where the fires had been burning.
“This year, they had two really big fires that we noticed, probably less than a month ago,” Price said.
He said he shared the information with authorities, and police said it helped them secure the search warrant.
However, the probable cause statement with details on what exactly led detectives to Daybell’s yard and exactly what they found remains sealed to the public.
- Businesses Can Report Unemployment Recipients Who Refuse Job Offer (pageviews: 4004)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3750)
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 3729)
- Utahns Rush To Help Minnesota Army Veteran In Need (pageviews: 3544)
- Redwood Road Closed For Several Hours Following Fatal Crash (pageviews: 3199)
- Woman From Mali Gives Birth To Nine Babies - Two More Than Expected (pageviews: 2502)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2325)
- Husband Thanks Rescuers Who Found His Wife In Farmington Wilderness (pageviews: 2277)
- Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Story In Hopes Of Helping Others (pageviews: 2073)