Clinton Man Shares Disney Magic With Detailed Chalk Art Designs
CLINTON, Utah — While the Happiest Place On Earth remains closed, one Utah man is bringing a little Disney magic to his Clinton neighborhood.
Kelly Hertel has spent the last couple months turning Disney classics into chalk art.
Scenes from movies like Beauty and the Beast, The Rescuers, Peter Pan, and The Little Mermaid cover the sidewalk and driveway of his home.
So far he’s drawn 32 pictures, each one taking at least 12 hours to complete.
But despite what you see on the pavement, Kelly said he’s no artist.
“I’ve taken no art classes, and I haven’t drawn in over 20 years,” he said. “And when I was on the ship for deployment for six months, that was the only time I ever drew.”
Kelly said it’s been touching to see the impact his drawings have had on families, and the memories it’s brought back.
He said a lot of nurses have reached out — saying his drawings are what they look forward to everyday.
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 33024)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22249)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 17815)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12809)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8138)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 5410)