Officials Confirm Remains Found At Daybell Home Belong To Missing Rexburg Children
SALEM, Idaho — Authorities confirmed on Saturday the remains recovered on Chad Daybell’s property belong to two missing Rexburg children, 17-year-old Tylee Ryan and 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow.
The remains were recovered from the home on June 9 after Daybell — the husband of the kids’ mother — was arrested.
Lori Daybell, also referred to as Lori Vallow in court documents, was arrested in connection to the children’s disappearance in February and she has remained in an Idaho jail since her extradition from Hawaii in March.
The children’s family initially confirmed the remains were identified as Tylee and JJ on June 10, but officials hadn’t identified the remains before Saturday.
Tylee and JJ were last seen in September. Rexburg police conducted a welfare check for JJ in November at the request of out-of-state relatives and caught his mother in a lie — she told police he was staying in Arizona but police said there was no evidence he was there.
The children’s cause of death has not yet been released.
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 8369)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4524)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4477)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 4471)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 4073)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 3888)
- Jurassic Quest Brings Life-Size Dino Exhibit To Utah (pageviews: 2812)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2468)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters (pageviews: 2233)