6-Year-Old Boy In Critical Condition After Being Shot With BB Gun
EAGLE MOUNTAIN, Utah — A 6-year-old boy was transported to the hospital in critical condition after he was shot in the back of the head with a BB gun.
Officials said they received the call around 7:45 p.m. Monday that the incident happened in the North Ranch area of Eagle Mountain.
They said two brothers, ages 6 and 12, were playing outside their home with a pump-style BB gun when it fired off while the 12-year-old was carrying it.
Officials said the BB may have ricocheted off the ground, hitting the 6-year-old in the back of the head.
The boy was flown by a LifeFlight helicopter to the hospital in critical condition.
Officials said the incident appears to be accidental.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)