UDOT To Open Church Street Bridge, Close Gentile Street Bridge Over I-15
LAYTON, Utah – The Utah Department of Transportation warned drivers of two major changes beginning Saturday over I-15 in Layton as construction on one bridge is completed and demolition work on another bridge begins.
UDOT crews finished work on the new Church Street bridge as part of the I-15 Davis – Weber Express Lanes project. It replaced the previous bridge which was built in the ’60s. Drivers will find the new bridge is wider to make space for the widening of I-15 below.
“The I-15 Express Lanes project is designed to help traffic flow more smoothly between Layton and Riverdale,” said Brett Slater, UDOT project manager. “At the same time, we’re also improving traffic and updating infrastructure on some local streets for the cities along the interstate.”
The Gentile Street bridge will close over I-15 for the next two months for widening and repaving. Drivers will need to use Main Street and Layton Parkway to cross I-15.
The bridge work is part of the UDOT project to extend the I-15 Express Lanes from Layton Parkway to Riverdale Road. More bridges will be replaced along with newly designed ramps and concrete pavement repairs. The work is scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2021.
Project updates can be found at udot.utah.gov/i15express.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)