DMV In South Salt Lake To Reopen After Being Closed Due To Coronavirus Concerns
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – The Division of Motor Vehicles office located in South Salt Lake will reopen Wednesday, according to a statement from the DMV.
The office, located at 2880 S. 380 West, closed June 15 after an employee tested positive for COVID-19.
“The office has been deep cleaned, sterilized, and no other employees have received positive tests,” Division Director Monte Roberts said.
However, those visiting the lobby must first have an appointment, Roberts said, and the DMV will not process new title and registration transactions in the location’s drive-thru.
“DMV operations will continue to be adjusted as we navigate the safest and most efficient ways to serve our customers,” according to a statement from the DMV. “Masks are not required but strongly suggested to protect the health of the staff and public. Precautions continue to be made to limit person-to-person contact and limit the size of public gatherings while continuing to provide necessary services.”
- BYU 'Y' Lit In Rainbow Colors As Message Of Hope Without School Approval (pageviews: 5256)
- Salt Lake, Davis Counties Move To Moderate Transmission; Some Restrictions Lifted (pageviews: 4612)
- Gov. Cox: Beginning March 8, Utahns Age 50+ Can Schedule Vaccinations (pageviews: 4216)
- DNA Test Surprise: Woman's Dad Was A Mass Murderer (pageviews: 4022)
- Coin With DNA Found At Site Where Elizabeth Salgado's Remains Were Found (pageviews: 3885)
- SUV In Crash Where 13 Died Came Through Hole In Border Fence (pageviews: 3509)
- Latter-day Saint Missionary Dies Serving In Home Country Of El Salvador (pageviews: 2173)
- DA Determines Officer's Use Of Deadly Force In SLC Incident Not Justified (pageviews: 2127)
- Utahns Age 50+ Eligible For Shots While 'Vaccine Chasers' Continue To Wait (pageviews: 2041)