Utah Airman Kage Allen Remembered By Family For His Service, Love Of Country
PERRY, Utah — When Lt. Kenneth “Kage” Allen was just 4 years old, he knew what he wanted to do when he grew up.
“He knew he wanted to be a pilot and not just a pilot but a fighter pilot,” Kage Allen’s dad, Mark Allen, said. “He wanted to be the best that he could be.”
Kage Allen comes from a strong military family; his father is retired from the U.S. Air Force, and his two brothers are also active duty pilots.
“He is a person that loves his country, loves his fellow man and didn’t waste time,” Mark Allen said. “Did not waste time.”
Kage Allen graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 2017, earned his wings in 2018 and at age 26 became an F-15 pilot. But his family said his greatest accomplishment was finding and marrying the love of his life, Hannah.
In February, he and Hannah married before he was deployed to Suffolk, England, as the assistant chief of weapons and tactics for the 493rd Fighter Squadron.
On June 15, she got a call she never expected to receive.
“My heart shattered,” Hannah Allen said. “I didn’t know it could do that.”
Kage Allen was killed in a training accident. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
The two had not seen each other since he was deployed in February.
She is finding comfort in honoring her late husband’s legacy and by remembering what he stood for.
“Kage was a man who loved God, he loved me, and he loved his family,” she said. “He made everyone around them feel like they had a special connection with him.”
The family said although he was a person who had a packed schedule, he always made time to serve others.
“His greatest joy came from making life better for other people,” his mother, Debbie Allen, said. “He really went forth doing good.”
Kage Allen’s body will be flown back to Utah on Friday. The family plans to hold funeral services on Independence Day.
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10805)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9163)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6858)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 5521)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5318)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4304)