Man Critically Injured In Utah County Car Vs. Train Crash
MAPLETON, Utah – A 61-year-old man was hospitalized in critical condition after police said he failed to stop at a stop sign and was struck by a Union Pacific train.
Officials with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the crash happened at the rail crossing off U.S. Highway 89 near 2400 East in Mapleton Friday evening.
The driver was taken airlifted to an area hospital in critical condition.
Police said the crossing does not have crossing arms or lights, but it does have stop signs.
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)