Man Critically Injured In Utah County Car Vs. Train Crash
MAPLETON, Utah – A 61-year-old man was hospitalized in critical condition after police said he failed to stop at a stop sign and was struck by a Union Pacific train.
Officials with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the crash happened at the rail crossing off U.S. Highway 89 near 2400 East in Mapleton Friday evening.
The driver was taken airlifted to an area hospital in critical condition.
Police said the crossing does not have crossing arms or lights, but it does have stop signs.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)