Life Flight Paramedic In Critical Condition After Plane Crash
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A paramedic with Intermountain Healthcare’s Life Flight was in critical condition after an experimental aircraft crashed in Centerville on Thursday.
Officials said Jason Sorenson, 47, suffered serious burns when the plane crashed near Legacy Parkway.
The plane’s owner, 72-year-old Andre Kostrzewa of Salt Lake City, was killed in the crash.
Bystanders pulled Sorenson from the burning aircraft, which sparked a 10-acre grass fire that was quickly extinguished.
“My understanding is that it was incredibly challenging with the flames and they did everything they could to get people out of the plane,” said Intermountain Healthcare spokesperson Jess Gomez.
Gomez also confirmed Sorenson’s coworkers responded to the scene and transported him to an area hospital.
“They responded to the accident to care for the pilot and the passenger, and upon doing everything they could, they realized Jason was a passenger,” Gomez said.
Friends and coworkers posted on Facebook, calling Sorenson the nicest guy, and saying they were praying for his family.
They were also thankful for the bystanders that jumped into the rescue.
The crash will be investigated by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Missing Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Family Says (pageviews: 35179)
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 16780)
- Three People Critically Injured In Drive-By Shooting At Tanner Park (pageviews: 6350)
- Woman Dies After Being Struck By Car In Midway; Man In Custody (pageviews: 3334)
- Range Fire Forces Evacuations Of Homes In, Near Provo Canyon (pageviews: 2662)
- Tanner Park Shooting Victim Dies Of Injuries; Teen Taken Into Custody (pageviews: 2651)
- Police Looking For Suspect Who Shot Three People Near Tanner Park (pageviews: 2359)
- 7.5 Magnitude Quake Off Alaska Prompts Tsunami Warning (pageviews: 1970)
- Poorly Marked I-15 Lanes Causing Confusion For Lehi Drivers (pageviews: 1776)