564 New Cases Of COVID-19, 21 New Hospitalizations, 1 New Death
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – State health officials reported an increase of 564 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on Monday, with 21 more hospitalizations and one new death.
The Utah Department of Health has reported a total of 21,664 cases, 1,417 hospitalizations and 168 deaths so far.
The patient who died was a Davis County man between the ages of 65 – 84. He was hospitalized at the time of death.
Currently there are 193 positive COVID-19 cases hospitalized. Of those, 80 are being treated in ICU beds. There are also 61 patients currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
UDOH reports that 48.4% of all non-ICU beds are occupied in Utah hospitals, and 62% of all ICU beds are occupied.
The state has issued 333,905 total tests. The overall rate of positives has ticked up to 6.5%.
An estimated 11,931 patients have recovered, meaning they were diagnosed more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
This article will be updated.
- Broadway Actor Nick Cordero Dies At 41 After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9890)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8901)
- Family Speaks Out After Daughter Was Allegedly Shot, Killed By Estranged Husband (pageviews: 7509)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 5095)
- U Of U Researchers Discover Impacts Of COVID-19 On Blood (pageviews: 4517)
- Multiple New Fires Start Amid Fourth Of July Celebrations (pageviews: 4215)
- Black Lives Matter Billboard Vandalized In Draper (pageviews: 3513)
- State Reports 6 New Deaths, 517 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 3283)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 3134)