564 New Cases Of COVID-19, 21 New Hospitalizations, 1 New Death
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – State health officials reported an increase of 564 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on Monday, with 21 more hospitalizations and one new death.
The Utah Department of Health has reported a total of 21,664 cases, 1,417 hospitalizations and 168 deaths so far.
The patient who died was a Davis County man between the ages of 65 – 84. He was hospitalized at the time of death.
Currently there are 193 positive COVID-19 cases hospitalized. Of those, 80 are being treated in ICU beds. There are also 61 patients currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
UDOH reports that 48.4% of all non-ICU beds are occupied in Utah hospitals, and 62% of all ICU beds are occupied.
The state has issued 333,905 total tests. The overall rate of positives has ticked up to 6.5%.
An estimated 11,931 patients have recovered, meaning they were diagnosed more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
This article will be updated.
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10805)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9163)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6858)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 5521)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5318)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4304)