564 New Cases Of COVID-19, 21 New Hospitalizations, 1 New Death
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – State health officials reported an increase of 564 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on Monday, with 21 more hospitalizations and one new death.
The Utah Department of Health has reported a total of 21,664 cases, 1,417 hospitalizations and 168 deaths so far.
The patient who died was a Davis County man between the ages of 65 – 84. He was hospitalized at the time of death.
Currently there are 193 positive COVID-19 cases hospitalized. Of those, 80 are being treated in ICU beds. There are also 61 patients currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
UDOH reports that 48.4% of all non-ICU beds are occupied in Utah hospitals, and 62% of all ICU beds are occupied.
The state has issued 333,905 total tests. The overall rate of positives has ticked up to 6.5%.
An estimated 11,931 patients have recovered, meaning they were diagnosed more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
This article will be updated.
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 11601)
- What Does It Mean To Move From Yellow Risk To Orange Risk? (pageviews: 4034)
- Utah Mother Fighting Cancer, New COVID-19 Diagnosis (pageviews: 2905)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2515)
- Authorities Investigating After Woman Struck By Multiple Vehicles On I-215 (pageviews: 2261)
- Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified (pageviews: 2152)
- Herbert Reports 1,198 New COVID-19 Cases - Highest Number So Far (pageviews: 2150)
- Utah Reports 1,198 New COVID-19 Cases, No New Deaths (pageviews: 2097)
- Man Killed, Woman Hospitalized In Downtown Crash (pageviews: 1993)