Fires Destroys Dozens Of Power Poles In Utah, Millard Counties
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with Rocky Mountain Power said the Knoll and Canal fires burned several power poles and left Oak City in need of a large emergency generator.
The power company said the fires damaged at least 90 structures on transmission and distribution lines west of Utah Lake and southwest of Nephi in the Leamington and Oak City areas.
The fires burned thousands of acres of brush and grasslands over the weekend and led to the evacuation of approximately 3,100 homes. The evacuations have since been lifted.
More than a dozen crews from parts of Utah were working around the clock to make repairs, according to a news release.
Rocky Mountain Power officials said the work needed at Oak City was a priority, which was why the large generator was sent there. The release said the area could have temporary power by Monday night. Full repair on the line may take several days.
The 400 homes in Oak City normally get power from a municipal company.
There is information on preparing for a wildfire and other types of power outages on the Rocky Mountain Power website.
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 9096)
- What Does It Mean To Move From Yellow Risk To Orange Risk? (pageviews: 3763)
- Is A Grain-Free Diet Deadly For Dogs? Gephardt Digs Into The Science (pageviews: 3273)
- Utah County Sheriff Takes Stand Against Mask Mandate (pageviews: 2970)
- Jordan School Board Decides on New Pandemic Protocol (pageviews: 2815)
- Mask Mandate Issued In Utah County After Coronavirus Spike (pageviews: 1906)
- Utah Mother Fighting Cancer, New COVID-19 Diagnosis (pageviews: 1598)
- Families, Teachers Worry AP Classes May Not Be Online (pageviews: 1395)
- CDC Suggests Avoiding Trick-Or-Treating, Trunk-Or-Treats This Year (pageviews: 1318)