Bridge Demolition Closing NB I-15 In Layton Overnight
LAYTON, Utah – Northbound Interstate 15 under the Gentile Street bridge in Layton will be shut down overnight Monday and Tuesday as crews demolish the bridge deck, according to officials with the Utah Department of Transportation.
The work will also close all but one lane of southbound I-15. The demolition affects the interstate from Hill Field Road to Layton Parkway.
Northbound I-15 in Layton will be closed between Layton Parkway and Hill Field Road tonight, June 29, and tomorrow…
A UDOT news release said the reconstructed Gentile Street bridge should be complete in late August. This work is being done as part of the I-15 Express Lanes project, which is extending the Express Lanes on I-15 from Layton Parkway to Riverdale Road.
Weather and materials issues have caused delays, which is why the new lane closures were necessary, a news release said.
Northbound I-15 will be close at 10 p.m. Monday and Tuesday and reopen at 5 a.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The news release said all northbound traffic will detour off I-15 at Layton Parkway, and then back onto the freeway via Main Street and Hill Field Road. Drivers should expect delays.
- Broadway Actor Nick Cordero Dies At 41 After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9890)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8901)
- Family Speaks Out After Daughter Was Allegedly Shot, Killed By Estranged Husband (pageviews: 7509)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 5095)
- U Of U Researchers Discover Impacts Of COVID-19 On Blood (pageviews: 4517)
- Multiple New Fires Start Amid Fourth Of July Celebrations (pageviews: 4215)
- Black Lives Matter Billboard Vandalized In Draper (pageviews: 3513)
- State Reports 6 New Deaths, 517 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 3283)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 3134)