COVID-19: Utah Reports 553 New Cases, 4 Deaths, 27 Hospitalizations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – There are 553 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Utah, 27 new hospitalizations and 4 new deaths, according to the latest report from state health officials.
There have been 22,217 total cases, 1,444 hospitalizations and 172 deaths so far.
The recently-reported deaths include a Salt Lake County woman between the ages of 65 – 84, a San Juan County man between the ages of 45 – 64, a Washington County man between the ages of 18 – 44, and a Weber County woman between the ages of 45 – 64.
All the patients were hospitalized at the time of death.
The Utah Department of Health reported 205 COVID-19 positive patients are currently hospitalized. Of those, 83 are in ICU beds. There are also 45 patients currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
Authorities reported that 65.5% of non ICU beds and 62.4% of ICU beds are occupied in Utah hospitals.
The state has issued 340,753 tests, and the overall rate of positives has increased to 6.5%.
An estimated 12,398 patients are considered recovered, meaning they were diagnosed more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
- Broadway Actor Nick Cordero Dies At 41 After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9890)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8901)
- Family Speaks Out After Daughter Was Allegedly Shot, Killed By Estranged Husband (pageviews: 7509)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 5095)
- U Of U Researchers Discover Impacts Of COVID-19 On Blood (pageviews: 4517)
- Multiple New Fires Start Amid Fourth Of July Celebrations (pageviews: 4215)
- Black Lives Matter Billboard Vandalized In Draper (pageviews: 3513)
- State Reports 6 New Deaths, 517 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 3283)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 3134)