COVID-19: Utah Reports 553 New Cases, 4 Deaths, 27 Hospitalizations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – There are 553 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Utah, 27 new hospitalizations and 4 new deaths, according to the latest report from state health officials.
There have been 22,217 total cases, 1,444 hospitalizations and 172 deaths so far.
The recently-reported deaths include a Salt Lake County woman between the ages of 65 – 84, a San Juan County man between the ages of 45 – 64, a Washington County man between the ages of 18 – 44, and a Weber County woman between the ages of 45 – 64.
All the patients were hospitalized at the time of death.
The Utah Department of Health reported 205 COVID-19 positive patients are currently hospitalized. Of those, 83 are in ICU beds. There are also 45 patients currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
Authorities reported that 65.5% of non ICU beds and 62.4% of ICU beds are occupied in Utah hospitals.
The state has issued 340,753 tests, and the overall rate of positives has increased to 6.5%.
An estimated 12,398 patients are considered recovered, meaning they were diagnosed more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home (pageviews: 9916)
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5751)
- Park City Fire Chief Dead After UTV Crash During Oregon Vacation (pageviews: 5201)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah's Drought (pageviews: 4135)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah’s Drought – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3339)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 3156)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2353)
- No. Tooele Police Investigating After Fireworks Damage Parts Of Neighborhood – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2187)
- Live (pageviews: 1925)