COVID-19: Utah Reports 553 New Cases, 4 Deaths, 27 Hospitalizations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – There are 553 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Utah, 27 new hospitalizations and 4 new deaths, according to the latest report from state health officials.
There have been 22,217 total cases, 1,444 hospitalizations and 172 deaths so far.
The recently-reported deaths include a Salt Lake County woman between the ages of 65 – 84, a San Juan County man between the ages of 45 – 64, a Washington County man between the ages of 18 – 44, and a Weber County woman between the ages of 45 – 64.
All the patients were hospitalized at the time of death.
The Utah Department of Health reported 205 COVID-19 positive patients are currently hospitalized. Of those, 83 are in ICU beds. There are also 45 patients currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
Authorities reported that 65.5% of non ICU beds and 62.4% of ICU beds are occupied in Utah hospitals.
The state has issued 340,753 tests, and the overall rate of positives has increased to 6.5%.
An estimated 12,398 patients are considered recovered, meaning they were diagnosed more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 24950)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 19408)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 7979)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 6672)
- West Jordan woman killed in crash with truck in Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5715)
- UPDATE: Police found missing man dead (pageviews: 5710)