Provo Man Dies After Collapsing On Timpanogos Cave Trail
AMERICAN FORK, Utah – Emergency crews were called to the area of Timpanogos Cave National Monument after a 72-year-old Provo man collapsed and died on the trail.
Officials with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the incident happened around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday in American Fork Canyon.
The man, whose identity was not released, was hiking the trail with family. When they stopped for a break, the man leaned over and collapsed.
He sustained what officials described as a minor head injury. However, the man stopped breathing and had no pulse.
People at the scene began CPR and called emergency dispatchers.
Crews from the sheriff’s office, Lone Peak Fire Department and LifeFlight medical helicopter responded to the scene.
Emergency medical technicians were unable to revive the man. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Deputies believed the man suffered some kind of medical emergency on the trail.
Officials said his body was taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the exact cause of death.
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 13583)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6751)
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 6531)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5863)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 4632)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4318)
- SLC IT employee arrested after allegedly providing undercover police data to human trafficker (pageviews: 3714)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman (pageviews: 3468)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 3382)