Provo Man Dies After Collapsing On Timpanogos Cave Trail
AMERICAN FORK, Utah – Emergency crews were called to the area of Timpanogos Cave National Monument after a 72-year-old Provo man collapsed and died on the trail.
Officials with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the incident happened around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday in American Fork Canyon.
The man, whose identity was not released, was hiking the trail with family. When they stopped for a break, the man leaned over and collapsed.
He sustained what officials described as a minor head injury. However, the man stopped breathing and had no pulse.
People at the scene began CPR and called emergency dispatchers.
Crews from the sheriff’s office, Lone Peak Fire Department and LifeFlight medical helicopter responded to the scene.
Emergency medical technicians were unable to revive the man. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Deputies believed the man suffered some kind of medical emergency on the trail.
Officials said his body was taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the exact cause of death.
- 'I Feel Threatened' Man Loses Job After Outburst Over Costco Mask Policy (pageviews: 111705)
- Teens Surprise Special Needs Neighbor With Scooter For Birthday (pageviews: 8572)
- Utah Sets New Record With 722 New COVID-19 Cases; 7 New Deaths Reported (pageviews: 8021)
- Husband Of Nurse Fighting For Life In ICU (pageviews: 7949)
- Governor: Mandate Issued For Face Masks In K-12 Schools Statewide (pageviews: 7370)
- Two People Charged With Hate Crime For Vandalizing Black Lives Matter Mural (pageviews: 5509)
- Remembering The Utahns We've Lost: Paul Mokofisi (pageviews: 4245)
- Governor Declares State Of Emergency, Closes Capitol After Protests (pageviews: 3920)
- DA Announces That Deadly Force Against Bernardo Palacios-Carbajal Was Justified (pageviews: 3641)