Provo Man Dies After Collapsing On Timpanogos Cave Trail
AMERICAN FORK, Utah – Emergency crews were called to the area of Timpanogos Cave National Monument after a 72-year-old Provo man collapsed and died on the trail.
Officials with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the incident happened around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday in American Fork Canyon.
The man, whose identity was not released, was hiking the trail with family. When they stopped for a break, the man leaned over and collapsed.
He sustained what officials described as a minor head injury. However, the man stopped breathing and had no pulse.
People at the scene began CPR and called emergency dispatchers.
Crews from the sheriff’s office, Lone Peak Fire Department and LifeFlight medical helicopter responded to the scene.
Emergency medical technicians were unable to revive the man. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Deputies believed the man suffered some kind of medical emergency on the trail.
Officials said his body was taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the exact cause of death.
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36358)
- South Jordan family describes 'miracle' following Thanksgiving Day crash (pageviews: 9986)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria (pageviews: 9054)
- Police: Two dead after wrong-way crash in Sunset (pageviews: 5631)
- Police: Man shot by police after attacking father, charging officers with weapons (pageviews: 5413)
- Woman arrested in Utah County after assaulting multiple people (pageviews: 2674)
- Large police presence reported in Orem (pageviews: 2268)
- Multiple cars shot at, two injured on I-15 in Juab County (pageviews: 2239)
- Pregnant woman saves man from burning home in West Jordan (pageviews: 2200)