Utah Wildfires: Knolls Fire At 75% Containment, Powerline Fire 50% Contained
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Crews have made significant progress containing multiple wildfires across the state.
On Wednesday morning, all but one of Utah’s wildfires were at least 50% contained, according to the latest reports from Utah Fire Info.
The Knolls Fire, burning in Utah County, is now 75% contained. The fire has burned 12,977 acres.
The fire started June 28 and was human caused, authorities said. Neighborhoods were initially evacuated, but those orders have since been lifted. However, BLM-managed lands in and around thee fire are still closed.
One home was destroyed in the fire, and multiple others sustained damage.
The Canal Fire, burning in Millard County, is the only wildfire in Utah with a containment of less than 50%. Crews report it is currently 10% contained and has burned 66,653 acres. The fire was caused by lightning.
There is a red flag warning in effect Wednesday for the Canal Fire due to a forecast that calls for high winds, warmer temperatures, and dry conditions.
“The Canal Fire jumped containment lines on Sunday, June 26, when historic winds hit with speeds up to 50 (miles per hour), making it impossible for crews staffing the fire to stop it,” according to a statement from state authorities.
A temporary flight restriction has been implemented over the area, which bans recreational drones and private aircraft.
“Please remember, if you fly, we can’t,” according to the state.
Now at 50% containment, the Powerline Fire in Juab County has burned 703 acres. The cause is under investigation.
Rock Path Fire
The Rock Path Fire is burning in Millard and Beaver Counties. It was started by lightning on June 25. It is 90% contained and has burned 20,941 acres.
The Volcano Fire is burning in Washington County. It was started June 28 by fireworks. It has burned 234 acres and is now 80% contained.
Wire Pass Fire
Burning in Kane County, the Wire Pass Fire started June 26 by lightning. It has burned 1,580 acres, and crews have it 70% contained.
- 4-Year-Old Boy Left On School Bus For Two Hours (pageviews: 9361)
- Police Seek Public's Help Locating Missing Endangered Boy Out Of Millcreek (pageviews: 4375)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 4282)
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 3349)
- Vehicle Accidentally Rolls Into Deer Creek As Owner Is Taking Photos (pageviews: 2057)
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 1866)
- Neighbors Concerned About U Of U Parties As University Goes Online (pageviews: 1224)
- Utah Reports 4 New Deaths, 694 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 1079)
- Body Of Partially-Clothed Woman Discovered In South Salt Lake (pageviews: 1017)