Three Dead After Multi-Car Crash In Washington County
ST. GEORGE, Utah – Three people were killed in a crash south of Snow Canyon State Park, according to Lt. Nick Street with the Utah Highway Patrol.
Street said for unknown reasons, the Cadillac SUV crossed the median and sideswiped a Ford Focus. The impact caused the female driver of the Focus to lose control and strike a cement barrier on the west side of the highway.
The Cadillac continued in the southbound lanes and hit a Nissan Versa nearly head-on.
Authorities on Thursday identified the deceased as Timothy C. Roberts, 24, of Dammeron Valley, who was driving the SUV; and Christine E. Ilkenhans, 72, and Emmanuel C. Ilkenhans, 78, of Veyo, who were the driver and passenger of the Nissan Versa.
Street said the driver of the Focus was airlifted to an area hospital in serious condition.
State Route 18 was closed in both directions until 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 12390)
- Street Painter Sprays Several Neighborhood Cars In West Jordan (pageviews: 9711)
- Arizona Police Say They Plan To File Charges Against Lori Vallow (pageviews: 5916)
- Parents Rally For 5-Day, In-Person Learning At Davis School District (pageviews: 4623)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan, Removes 'Modified Quarantine' (pageviews: 3800)
- Ammonium Nitrate May Have Sparked Beirut Explosion. It Also Happened In Texas In 1947 (pageviews: 3395)
- Salt Lake Community College Taylorsville Campus Shelter-In-Place Lifted (pageviews: 3188)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan (pageviews: 3184)
- ‘Mistakes Were Made,’ But Cox Stands By Utah’s COVID-19 Response (pageviews: 2228)