Unified Police Take Man Wanted For Attempted Murder Into Custody
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah – Officials with the Unified Police Department said they have taken an 18-year-old man, who was accused of attempted murder, into custody.
The suspect, Jovani Hernandez, was wanted by the Roy City Police Department after officers said he fired two shots at another male during an argument before fleeing the scene with his girlfriend, Corinne Whaley, on June 7.
A warrant for Hernandez’s arrest was issued by the 2nd District Court in Weber County later that month, and Unified’s Joint Combat Assessment Team surrounded the Callaway Apartments Thursday afternoon.
Unified Sgt. Melody Gray said as soon as they surrounded the apartment complex, Hernandez walked out and surrendered himself.
Gray also said Whaley was with Hernandez on Thursday.
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 10342)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 9898)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 6370)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 3693)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 3661)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 2936)
- Low-Speed Pursuit, Fire In Kearns Lead To Discovery Of Larger Series Of Crimes (pageviews: 2448)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2361)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 2151)