Child Hospitalized After Truck Crashes Into South Salt Lake Home
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – A 10-year-old child was airlifted to Primary Children’s Hospital in serious, but stable, condition after a truck crashed into a home, according to Sgt. Matt Oehler with the South Salt Lake Police Department.
Oehler said the truck was traveling at a high rate of speed on 3300 South when it lost control crashed into the home Friday afternoon.
“The truck ended up completely inside the residence,” he said.
This is the moment people were helping to get two kids out of a house after a truck smashed into it in South Salt Lake today. A third child was under the truck, but nobody knew it yet. That child is in serious condition right now. We’ll have this story on @KSL5TV tonight at 10. pic.twitter.com/NmwZtH9x8m
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) July 4, 2020
Three children were in the home at the time of the crash. Oehler said good Samaritans helped get two children out of the house, and they were uninjured.
A third child was pinned under the truck. Emergency crews worked for 20 minutes to extricate the victim, who was taken to an area hospital before being airlifted to Primary Children’s Hospital.
The crash is under investigation. Oehler said the driver, a male in his 50s, suffered some minor injuries and was under investigation for impairment.
Oehler also said building inspectors will determine if the home is salvageable, but it sustained major damage in the crash.
“We’re talking about some major, major damage,” he said. “That pickup truck is entirely into the home.”
Driver of a truck crashed into a house in South Salt Lake. A child was pinned under the truck.
Posted by KSL 5 TV on Friday, July 3, 2020
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 12390)
- Street Painter Sprays Several Neighborhood Cars In West Jordan (pageviews: 9711)
- Arizona Police Say They Plan To File Charges Against Lori Vallow (pageviews: 5916)
- Parents Rally For 5-Day, In-Person Learning At Davis School District (pageviews: 4623)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan, Removes 'Modified Quarantine' (pageviews: 3800)
- Ammonium Nitrate May Have Sparked Beirut Explosion. It Also Happened In Texas In 1947 (pageviews: 3395)
- Salt Lake Community College Taylorsville Campus Shelter-In-Place Lifted (pageviews: 3188)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan (pageviews: 3184)
- ‘Mistakes Were Made,’ But Cox Stands By Utah’s COVID-19 Response (pageviews: 2228)