Black Lives Matter Billboard Vandalized In Draper
DRAPER, Utah — A Black Lives Matter billboard sponsored by Utah-based software company Domo has been defaced in Draper.
Vandals painted “All Life Matter” and hung an American flag off the corner of the billboard, which can be seen from southbound I-15 near Point of the Mountain.
“As a company, diversity, equality and inclusion have always been important to us,” read a statement from Josh James, founder and CEO of Domo.
He said the billboards were created to show support for their Black employees and Black community members.
“After the recent series of turbulent events, we asked them what we could do, and they told us that declaration and action would be most meaningful. The billboards were our message that we hear their voices, we are their allies and we see them as equal human beings.”
James went on to say the company has received “numerous messages of gratitude” from employees and members in the community. He also noted that some people “interpreted the message differently,” but he was glad the phrase started a conversation.
“This act of defacing the billboard is different, though, because it reinforces the dramatic lengths that some people will go to NOT have a conversation. And it shows the amount of work we have to do as people to create a culture and community of understanding and empathy,” the statement concluded.
James said the billboard will be restored and continue to run through mid-July as originally planned.
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 10342)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 9898)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 6370)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 3693)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 3661)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 2936)
- Low-Speed Pursuit, Fire In Kearns Lead To Discovery Of Larger Series Of Crimes (pageviews: 2448)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2361)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 2151)