Man Dies After ‘Medical Episode’ During Booking Process At Iron County Jail
CEDAR CITY, Utah – A man who police arrested on drug charges died after experiencing a medical issue during the booking process at the Iron County Jail, authorities said.
According to a statement from the Iron County Sheriff’s Office, Justin Anderson, 49, of Cedar City, suffered the “medical episode” shortly before 6 p.m. on July 4.
“Iron County Jail staff and Gold Cross Ambulance personnel begun providing Mr. Anderson with medical aid,” according to the ICSO. “Despite all efforts made by on scene medical personnel to save Mr. Anderson’s life, he did not survive and was pronounced dead at the scene.”
The Critical Incident Taskforce, personnel from the Utah State Medical Examiner’s Office and ICSO detectives are conducting an in-custody death investigation. Anderson’s body was transported to the medical examiner’s office for an autopsy.
“The Iron County Sheriff’s Office wants to express their condolences to the Anderson family,” according to the statement.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)