Suspect Faces Charges After Ramming Squad Cars, Leading Police On Pursuit
MURRAY, Utah – A man and woman were taken to the hospital after sustaining minor injuries in a crash that ended a police pursuit.
The incident began Sunday afternoon near 3700 South and 700 East in Murray.
Officials with the Unified Police Department of Greater Salt Lake the incident began after a witness called dispatch saying a man was yelling and pushing a woman.
When officers arrived on the scene, they found the man and woman arguing inside a vehicle.
Detective Ken Hansen said when officers attempted to intervene, the man attempted to escape by ramming the police cars to move them out of the away.
The vehicles sustained minor damages.
He then fled the scene, with the woman still in the passenger seat.
Hansen said officers then initiated a pursuit. He said the vehicle was listed as a stolen car.
The chase ended in a collision about three miles away near the intersection of 5400 South and 900 East.
Both the man and woman received minor injuries and were transported to the hospital in fair condition.
Details about the collision or any other vehicles involved were not available.
Hansen said the male suspect was expected to be booked into jail after being cleared from the hospital. He faced multiple charges.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)