Fireworks Cause Hundreds Of Fires In Southern Utah
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – More than 100 fires kept crews busy in southern Utah on July 4.
One fire sparked on the Black Hill in St. George beneath Tech Ridge, which is the site of the city’s old airport.
According to St. George News, the fire began where the city was setting off fireworks. Fire authorities said it was sparked by fallout from the city’s show. Fire crews were ready and were able to put it out.
Fireworks also sparked above Cedar Ridge Golf Course in Cedar City, burning about three acres and threatening several homes. One house sustained heat damage to the back porch.
Crews were able to et the fire out quickly before it damaged more homes.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)