UHP: Zero Fatalities On Highways Over Fourth Of July Weekend
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Highway Patrol troopers had a busy Independence Day weekend.
According to the UHP, troopers made nearly 3,000 traffic stops, made nearly 2,000 speeding contacts, 229 seat belt contacts, 54 DUI arrests, 14 reckless/careless driving arrests, and assisted 796 motorists having vehicle trouble.
This year, though, there were no fatalities over the holiday weekend.
From July 3rd to July 5th, 2020 your State Troopers made
2,946 Traffic stops
1,982 Speeding contacts
229 Seat-belt contacts
54 DUI arrests
14 Reckless/Careless driving arrests
…and they assisted 796 motorists having vehicle trouble. pic.twitter.com/jPI9PAHDCA
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) July 6, 2020
Unfortunately, the roads weren’t as safe in the days leading up to the weekend.
On July 1, a total of six people died in two separate crashes in different areas of the state. One of the triple fatalities happened midday in Washington County, and the other happened later that night in San Juan County.
- BYU 'Y' Lit In Rainbow Colors As Message Of Hope Without School Approval (pageviews: 5256)
- Salt Lake, Davis Counties Move To Moderate Transmission; Some Restrictions Lifted (pageviews: 4612)
- Gov. Cox: Beginning March 8, Utahns Age 50+ Can Schedule Vaccinations (pageviews: 4216)
- DNA Test Surprise: Woman's Dad Was A Mass Murderer (pageviews: 4022)
- Coin With DNA Found At Site Where Elizabeth Salgado's Remains Were Found (pageviews: 3885)
- SUV In Crash Where 13 Died Came Through Hole In Border Fence (pageviews: 3509)
- Latter-day Saint Missionary Dies Serving In Home Country Of El Salvador (pageviews: 2173)
- DA Determines Officer's Use Of Deadly Force In SLC Incident Not Justified (pageviews: 2127)
- Utahns Age 50+ Eligible For Shots While 'Vaccine Chasers' Continue To Wait (pageviews: 2041)