UHP: Zero Fatalities On Highways Over Fourth Of July Weekend
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Highway Patrol troopers had a busy Independence Day weekend.
According to the UHP, troopers made nearly 3,000 traffic stops, made nearly 2,000 speeding contacts, 229 seat belt contacts, 54 DUI arrests, 14 reckless/careless driving arrests, and assisted 796 motorists having vehicle trouble.
This year, though, there were no fatalities over the holiday weekend.
From July 3rd to July 5th, 2020 your State Troopers made
2,946 Traffic stops
1,982 Speeding contacts
229 Seat-belt contacts
54 DUI arrests
14 Reckless/Careless driving arrests
…and they assisted 796 motorists having vehicle trouble. pic.twitter.com/jPI9PAHDCA
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) July 6, 2020
Unfortunately, the roads weren’t as safe in the days leading up to the weekend.
On July 1, a total of six people died in two separate crashes in different areas of the state. One of the triple fatalities happened midday in Washington County, and the other happened later that night in San Juan County.
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 10342)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 9898)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 6370)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 3693)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 3661)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 2936)
- Low-Speed Pursuit, Fire In Kearns Lead To Discovery Of Larger Series Of Crimes (pageviews: 2448)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2361)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 2151)